Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This week in movie watching kingdom...

...nothing much has happened. Monday came and went quite forgetably, tuesday I wasted at uni and around penrith and thursday I was a model for a mate's photoshoot in the city. Pics might be forthcoming, I dunno.

Regardless the last movie I remember watching was Clockwork Orange, as indicated by the opening picture of my last update, good ol' Alex D'Large. If you read up on Anthony Burgeous you'll find out he's written plenty of books, non of which are any good, besides CO, which he wrote as a joke anyway. His writer friends dared him to write a piss take style of dystopian future and look at what it's become. Not only that, but in the book Alex and his mates where black clothing, in the heighth of fashion, no white with codpieces, oh my readers.

I started a word document of all the movie I watched and figured out you'd 1000 films a year if you stuck to Truffaut's 3 movies a day thing. 1000 a year, the stat is unimaginable! Regardless I'm being very slack this week, galvanting around with people instead of doing anything with movies, or uni work, or anything but people I'm galavanting around with.

As such movie time is choked so I can't really promise anything, certainly not this week. I plan to atleast finish off Coraline and hopefully Romper Stomper, who sits by my computer desk still unwatched since I bought it off eBay.

Happy bit of house-shopping the other day. No, not for me - I went looking for vids in my own house and found 5 DVDs of greatness to watch, so they're stacked up and ready to go, soon as I move off the lot I've currently got. I could dedicate myself to 1 movie a day this year, and maybe 2 next? Blah, stupid planning. I'm not even french!

Currently have Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Streetcar Named Desire and One Flew over the Cuckoos nest on my desk for movies to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment