Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tested, kinda.

After a very quick goldfish test, I've taken out the Terminus. Just two, but there was never a good time to cast it without having my own team swept along too, if they weren't the Azorious Keyrunes. The Runes are great, allowing for a lot of 'safe' power to hide in plain site. With the cards I have, I substituted a few cards, and Azorious Charm in place of Izzet Charm wasn't good. Without other monsters to use all three abilities against, I always cycled it.

The lands weren't bad but a few times I was hungry for red mana  (maybe 2 Izzet Keyrunes? NAAAH) but having an army, then adding four to it with Supersonic Dragon was great. Though seeing I've only got 2 Dragons/Goblin Rally it didn't really go off and my aerial attack was always the quickest route. If I proxied the full playsets would it be different? Who cares, the "sudden Goblins" at about as much impact as the "hidden in plain sight until needed" Azorious Keyrunes, which really are great. Did I mention that? I think I'm in love!

Also the draw four, discard two is bonkers. Just nuts. That's great. If you don't need to, hold out on your Izzet Charms loot mode, and just use the above. I think two is right (of the draw four) with still four of the Izzet. This is exciting!

ON ANOTHER NOTE

I organised my cards and realised that the sets make a complete circle of colours (as opposed to last time, 4 3 and 3 didn't allow it) but it's also based solely around the good brainy colours (white blue red) and the evil savage colours (green black red). Of course it makes for a good story, and shows both sides of the same evil!

Then I thought, wait I'm being biased and only seeing the colours I wanna see. It was true! You could say red was the evilest colour, using ruthless black and cold, calculating blue. Black's allies, but reds in the middle. And on the other side? White gets it's buddies, green and blue! This really speaks to an opposites theme, seeing red is chaos and white is order. With buddies both to back them up in their aims!

Just wanted to point that out as a great bonus of the set. Even the way the guilds are represented tell an awesome story.

No comments:

Post a Comment