Friday, November 19, 2010

Preparing, constantly.

So, this is my quiet before the storm. Tomorrow Rony and Neil pick me up for some Standard action over at Mega Games in Penrith. 11am start, then at 3 we get to draft more SoM. I can't wait, especially because there's a girl who plays there who always drafts white. So much so the boys all avoid it like the plague, so it's free pickin's to anyone who wants to jump in.

Then after that I'll need a trip in to the city to sell some more cards to remake the money I've spent (3 times now) for the PTQ entry fee. $40 for 6+ boosters is alright, plus a day of entertainment. The annoying thing there is that I've had to make that money a few times over, despite putting it aside as far back as last last tuesday.

Drafting SoM a lot has helped to sculpt my view of which cards are good, how to build and what to aim for. red/white metalcraft all the way. I'm expecting it 80% in the second round assuming I win the first round. And the top 8 draft would be a splendid place to get my first 3-0, and what I'm aiming for.

Though right now I need to relax a bit, because I'm tired and sore in the shoulders and bored. We had chinese for tea (when I wanted KFC) and a beer that knocked me out harder then expected.

Best of luck, all.
Fox Murdoch.

No comments:

Post a Comment