Thursday, November 18, 2010

Missing posts, constantly.

Have I been hacked? Am I not pressing the right button? I'm pretty sure I wrote an update the other day, which doesn't show up on my blog. Or it does, and I have yet again no idea what I'm doing.

Regardless after the tuesdays performance of 0-2 drop from a draft [my deck was BLUEwhite awful] I drafted again thursday, wound up red/white and managed to lose the first round to green/black poison, with them getting 2 Trigon's of Infestation - the card is a menace! He got two, did Johnny, and he was able to dump a 1/1 every turn. His Plague Stinger was joined by a token who had Bladed Pinion (I say it "pignon" as in champignon) so my ground dorks who were actual cards and not just "2 mana" were way outclassed.

Preparing for death I win the next two rounds and wind up a rosy coloured third. I'm happy with that, it means every single draft/sealed I've got red/white with has landed me 2-1 finishes. I'm set to going red/white at the sealed PTQ Paris this weekend, but if the colours don't show up...

I just figured it out. My link on good games forum is to a specific post. I gotta fix that.

SO YES! A few great articles I've read lately, all about Scars sealed. Finding articles can be hard but I just use my phone and it really culls the shite from the mango-y goodness. One inparticular had instructions for making your own Sealed pool Cube maker. I've done plenty of draft/sealed re-pack lots for up to 8 players, because I always have rares and things to try and do, so to see a formula to make it easier than "make every booster by hand" was awesome. The link is as follows: http://60cards.com/articles/scars-sealed/

As well as that it's just funny to see the wide range of articles on offer by so many writers. One article description reads thusly (kiddies avoid your eyes):

"So, I started an e-mail group about scars sealed pools, but since everyone on it is a useless shit, I'll just post the pools here as well"

The article (Click here) itself is also worth the read. Anything written will help you, whether you agree with the writer or not. It'll open your brain to new ideas, or new methods for old tricks, and the more you look at the better.

The pro vs amatuer argument suggests you could be elitest and only read the 'real content' of channel fireball etc etc but I find no matter what build you go with, you'll get people who agree and disagree no matter who you are, apart from the suck up trolls in the channel fireball comments sections. Not all of them, but certainly a visible percentage.

Brief news on my next article -- being christmas December I'm going to write about pride and how it affects the magic playing population. I figure it's a good follow up to Wisdom/Intelligence, and it has NOTHING to do with christmas, as opposed to some dinky red/white/green deck.

That may get posted here...

No comments:

Post a Comment