Saturday, August 2, 2014

New Magic Online?

In an effort to actually produce something, I have downloaded the new Magic Online client, and am about to enter an M15 draft. I love draft, and I love Core set, but I am only 2% familiar with the new client, and I have only heard bad things about it, so expect swearing. Unless it gets too bad, I wont cut or edit whatsoever, so consider this a crash course for the random player out there.

Random incidents may also be caused by my new cat.

8:52pm.

So far I have played one round, after the drafting process. Drafting itself went fine, and the first round was OK, but the relayout is a tad odd, getting used to it wont be a problem though. The new sounds are far worse however, seeing there's one for every swipe of the mouse, even button click, every UNclick...

Well it's not THAT bad. Still, I'm waiting to see how much worse it gets. It's taken about half an hour so far, so by the time it's one full hour I'm expecting difficulties.

I am currently done with my first match (the blue/white skies deck is chewing up my red/green dinosaurs, though I am playing the person who was passing to me) and the game doesn't done anything. It used to close the game you were in, but I'm still in it, with nothing to really say "You're done!" apart from the boxes around the top that let you draw another card or reveal your hand. It hasn't updated it for the rest of the draft pod to see, which is irritating.

A nice note was that I found the Drop button, it's a big X in the top right of the screen. And when I clicked it, said "You're about to drop, do you want to? Write DROP in the space provided" so at least the chance of quitting the game accidentally is well reduced.

9:25pm.

Round 2 has finished, I win against another red/green that didn't draw its dudes so much as it's utility. There's a rare enchantment that turns any creature into a pinger, only instead of 1 it's X, the critters power. That's good on 4/Xs, but you get that.

The game still ran fine, but there was a moment when my mouse was telling me to wait, with a small blue circle around it. That doesn't happen normally, gasp!

10.25pm.

Finished round 3, going 2-1 with Ajani, and that nice blue/green land, and Chandra avatar, and 2 boosters. Quite nice, fun, and so far no slowness. I'm liking not seeing things, and a series of vids for youtube. GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment