Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Further testing.

I don't remember precisely what I wrote this morning, it bears going over and being worked into something more sensible. Further efforts:

After phantom #3, our opponent didn't show up for round one. Our round 2 opponent exampled a very typical deck of the higher up tables, featuring Soul of Zendikar, Soul of Shandalar and Phytotitan. Phytotitan is the most annoying of the three, because it creates a minigame, can you outblock/chump 7 damage a turn? In games 1 and 3 his Wall of Fire was actually super critical to keeping my smaller, 3 or less power creatures from attacking profitably, and his six drops were so plentiful and powerful that even drawing two Flesh to Dusts didn't help. Game 2 I did win, off the back of a Goblin Rabblerouser who got there all of his own.

Round 3 is a bye which I auto win, so the only match I actually played I lost to a very nifty deck. My own deck was black, red and fast, which was good, but I kept a 5 land 2 spell hand that got close, but I could've mulliganed that. My tricks weren't enough for his steady stream of big green guys. I told him I liked his deck, and he said mine too.

Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment