Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bloodhall Snooze?

Hello. The latest new involves a round hole, and a square. Peg "what to play instead of Bloodbraid Elf." Not really, I'm interested in Modern but never had a feeling that I should play Jund. I have the colours, bringing Seismic Loam wherever I go, but never wanted to play the Jund.

I did see one small red drop, Bloodhall Ooze. I like these tiny creatures that unimpressive at very first, or entirely on their own, but with a simple deck constructing premise, say, being black green and red, they're utter monsters. Wild Nacatl no longer legal? Bloodhall Ooze is a 1/1 upon entry, and then after very quickly a 2/2 and then 4/4, permanently. And if they spend cards and mana to deal with it they can only ever match it, or spend more than it, so that's awfully nice. And on a developed board that +2/+2 is rather gaurenteed.

It's these clever small cards that I find, and imagine I'd play myself if I were piloting those decks. I'm sure lots of people have had the thought, but opted for the "common sense" or consensus better choice, but the truth is both work. Not only that, but whatever is better has differing characteristics from #2, and who's to say that fighting option 1 fights number 2 just as easily?

Nacatl was a 3/3 attacking on turn 2, while Bloodhall Ooze can't get that quick. On the other hand though, it just keeps growing. Pay R, once, for an eventual 5/5 monster. And if dealt with your whole turn wasn't spent on just one card! I could see this being adapted moreso everywhere, but I also feel a tiny sting of pride.

Because I thought so, CPal90. I thought so too! It's a bit like being a cheerleader for a certain card, and when it shows up Woo you cheer. You knew it was potentially good, and that everyone would know that -- it's not like you're the first person to ever do anything. But to see it played, to a 4-0 finish, you're happy inside.

My little red drop that could.

No comments:

Post a Comment