Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Changing of the Guard!!

Something kind of big, yet still micro in terms of the wider world of Magic. I'm writing my last article for Good Games, and after that, will be writing exclusively for Mega Games! They're my local (no JD or Ammonium or Matt's) and I'm well known at the store, and sure to get better coverage. So that in itself is a bonus. Plus at the same rate, what's not to love?

I imagine the title will stay the same, simply "Murdoch Monthly", but be on the Mega Games website, http://www.megagames.com.au, and posted all over their Facebook page, as well as my own and that Magic the Gathering: Untapped group. So that's good.

I've been writing for the past three years for GG, and they've been good with the payment and I'm relatively well known amongst the peoples, but the lack of response I got usually doesn't help write better, or even let me know how my articles were received. I usually asked people myself, and that was it.

I imagine too that I'll add a regular answers section at the bottom of each article, because Mega Games has a very casual/relaxed scene, and plenty of questions, so that'll be fun. I've always wanted my own rules Q article!

In other news, we're split on the GPs coming up in the year. It seems like the team will split on GP Hongkong and GP Brisbane, with the other three going overseas, and me going interstate. Wee! More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment