Wednesday, October 31, 2012

GP Auckland: underway!!

The story, that is. The GP isn't until Saturday morning still.

Here's the deal. I'm writing another diary of the event, but it'll be saved onto my computer. When I get the chance, I WILL post what I've gotten so far up here, much the same as with GP Melbourne. It all depends on internet capabilities and whether the NZ technology hasn't fight with my AUSSIE tech, sweet!

I'm looking the most forward to the entirely new blanket of players, with new accents and groups of people they hang with and all that. It's funny that all the previous travelling I've done for Magic has been within Australia, so I'm used to "just a different part of Aus", not "actually a different country."

Keep yourselves posted!


Day 0 aka “We’re not even there!”
5:45am
The day begins at 5.45am when I wake up early for work. Fun times.
6:45am
We’re behind the counter for a few hours, til 1pm. Then we’ve got the mad fun job of running around, getting bags, and then public transport to Sydney’s International airport.
3:50 pm
Fail to meet up with gf for sad goodbyes, sad anyway.
4:40 pm
At the airport, but knocked back! Turns out our flight is the next one, and we’ve tried to board at 4pm instead of 6pm. There goes my ability to account for “local time difference” accurately.
4:44pm
Begin writing the above, and plan to continue it for the next few days, to create yet another Magic travel diary for GP Auckland. That makes a proper diary of both GP events in the Aus-Zealiand area this year. Don’t look that up in your Geography books, I just made it up.
Day plans? Arrive and hop a taxi to the sweet hotel to meet with fellow teammates Ammonium and JDNoice. Sleep a lot. Possibly. More likely will become “test a lot, until the wee hours of the morning. Do Grinders in a rat-faced mood all day.”
At the moment I have enough points for one bye, same for JDNoice. Ammonium kicked GPT Gosford in the jewels and has the proper compliment of three byes.
I have ,for light reading on my flight, “The crying of lot 49” and “Doctor Who Magazine; issue 451.” There’s a big dinosaur on the front, so who cares what’s actually inside? RRAWR!

No comments:

Post a Comment