Wednesday, July 11, 2012

M13, university and general chit-chat

So right now, M13 has been released and MAAAN was it fun! Fun aside, man is it GOOD. They've changed the basic cards, while keeping the same basic elements there. I'm impressed.

Not only that, but MAAAN I'm good. No really, for an article writer, judge and aspiring "great player" I'm certainly seeing a pay off for all my hard work, study, play and otherwise. I went in two flights and came 2nd and 1st.

Burwood Good Games was my place of contention, where the small pocket of 4-5 great players play. The first PR event was your basic thing. Build, play duels. I get to the final pretty alright, and wonder HOW my round 3 opponent got as far as he did, seeing his deck had enough auras and Glorious Charges' to assemble five seperate Voltrons. I tweaked his deck afterwards, and he wins his last round and I same good on 'im.

I get paired again Prads in the 3-0 slot, for top place. Pretty great game, I've written more of an article about it, which I don't think I'll preview here.

James showed up at this point, and sans Ammy, so I nab him for 2HG he didn't plan to go in. There's a few people looking for teammates, and I tell James if he plays, I'll sponsor the entire team. He gets my expertise and the chance to try out a new format, sans money. He resisted, oh yes, but seeing his other mate was playing (he couldn't leave him high and dry, being the only lift) he agreed.

We crushed opposition and won the 2HG. It's thanks to 2HG being a format that's the same set after set. I don't think certain rules will ever be changed, simply because of the format, seeing it's so largely changed from normal duels.

Turtle. Evasion. Kill spells. Nukes. That's about it. And for the love of God, wai...t.

Tonight I think I'll run another M12 4 pack sealed on Magic Online. I'll try and record it, but no promises and if it's just a string of loses does anybody really want to see that? "Don't play like this. Also, here's a format that's about to go bunk." May be not.

Winning, however, you can always gleam winning attributes from.

And in other dream-like news, I have passed uni COMPLETELY and will be a certified writer, now. "Penniless" just didn't want me anymore. Add to this a group of Magic players who want to move closer to the usual scene, and me joining them, and you've got a recipe for some very good everythings.

For me atleast. I hope you're having a good time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment